Is there something you’re unsure about? No problem! We might have the answer here in our FAQs.
We understand that signing up somewhere new can be a daunting process, so we want to take out any guesswork at your end. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for here, please feel free to contact us – the team at Urth Fitness Newcastle are here to help!
- Why am I being charged extra on the first payment?
We use a billing company called EzyPay. To enable your very first payment to be withdrawn, EzyPay must create a new account for you, this incurs a $5 set up fee.
Your first payment will come out on the next working day, this will be inclusive of any joining fee and pro rata costs.
- Are there any other fees?
Our billing company charges a $2 billing fee for all direct debit payments. There is also a $39 annual admin fee. The admin fee ensures that your direct debit payments remain at the same price point.
- Is there a cancellation policy?
Yes, Planet Fitness has its own cancellation policy. Please see below:
5i) Once accepted by Urth Fitness this membership CANNOT be cancelled in the agreed membership period. However, Urth Fitness at its sole discretion MAY allow the cancellation of the membership, but only if the following applies:
- i)By reason of lengthy or permanent illness or physical incapacity causing inability to engage in the activity available at Urth Fitness: as verified by a medical practitioner, who is nominated by Urth Fitness, the cost of which must be borne by the member.
- ii)By reason of the relocation of the member’s primary residential address to a distance further than 15 km in radius from Urth Fitness facility. However, if the member already resides more than a 15km radius at the time the membership application is made(and accepted), then the new primary residential address MUST be more than 30km radius from a Urth Fitness facility, in order for a request in cancellation to be considered.
5j) In the event that Urth Fitness agrees to grant membership cancellation, this is subject to payment of a $99.00 cancellation fee accompanied by written notice from the member.
5k) To cancel outside of the contractual period, 30 DAYS WRITTEN NOTICE is necessary and any membership fees which fall due within the 30 day period MUST ALSO BE PAID.
5l) Urth Fitness does NOT refund any payments by the member, including membership fees; including where applicable the acceptance of membership cancellation, for ANY reason whatsoever.
5m) This membership will NOT be cancelled if the member falls into arrears. Interest may; at the discretion of Urth Fitness; accrue if membership arrears occur.
5n) This membership CANNOT be cancelled by telephone or by contacting a social media page. Any request for cancellation by a member MUST be made in writing. ALL payments of arrears (including any accrued interest), and/or cancellation fees: of the like; MUST be paid to Urth Fitness as instructed by Urth Fitness.
- Where can I read the full terms and conditions of my membership?
- What is pro rata?
Your pro rata covers the time from when you sign up with us, to your first direct debit date.
- Is there a minimum age for members?
UNDER 18 POLICY:This policy pertains to Urth Fitness Lambton, Charlestown and Belmont club access and equipment use for minors (i.e. under 18 years old).The following age policy is to be followed when allowing a person under 18 years old access to Urth Fitness:
- Membership is permitted only with the consent and signature of the minor’s parent/legal guardian on all Membership Contracts, Payment and Consent Form/s.
- If a minor wishes to attend Urth Fitness as a Platinum Guest, a Consent Form is be completed and signed by the minor’s parent/guardian before entry to the club will be granted, and access is as set out in this policy.
- A photograph of the minor must be taken and attached to their membership for identification purposes.
- Access is only permitted during staffed hours and with age restrictions for club usage as set out below.
• 12 – 13 yrs. old:
- Access: Can access the gym but is only allowed to do so under direct supervision*
- Cardio: Yes, under direct supervision*
- Weights: If prescribed by a medical or exercise professional and under direct supervision*
- Group Fitness: No
- *The age/s that require direct supervision can bring in their parent or guardian as a free guest on a Platinum Membership. All other guests must pay a Casual Visit fee.
• 14 – 17 yrs. old:
- Access: Can access the gym and hold their own membership, however only with the consent and signature of the minor’s parent/legal guardian on all Membership Contracts, Payment and Consent Form/s.
- Cardio: Yes
- Weights: Yes
- Group Fitness: Yes
Are you between 14-18 years old? You can have a free gym membership during the Summer holidays. Learn more here
- Can I transfer my membership?
Current Member to Non-Member Transfer Procedure:
The Member must be within their contractual period (i.e. 12 Months) to Transfer to a Non-Member. A Member who is outside their contractual period does not need to Transfer a Membership as they are now able to Cancel as they wish. We do not permit Memberships of No Contract to be Transferred, or older than contractual period/cheaper Memberships to be Transferred.
- Can I use a timestop on my membership?
Yes! You can now use 4 weeks of time-stop per year if you’re in one of our 12 month commitment memberships. (in two 2-week blocks). You must email your manager to confirm this pause in your membership.
Note- the paused time will be added onto your membership end date.
If you’re on our Flexible Membership then time stop is not included.
- Can I let someone else use my membership card while I'm away?
No, your membership is for your own personal use only.
- Do you have casual visits?
Of course we do! Casual visit passes are available for $20 for 24 hours, you are welcome to come visit us as much as you’d like in that 24 hour period, including classes. Also if you decide to join Urth Fitness in the 24 hours, you will receive a $20 discount on your joining fee. Available in club.
- I think I might need some guidance, do you offer Personal Training?
Yes- we have a Personal Trainer at all club locations. Please enquire with reception to book yourself a session.
- Where can I learn about my home club? E.g. Opening hours.
- What happens if I miss a membership payment?
We understand that sometimes payments occur when we aren’t ready for them. If you do miss a payment then the Third Party Direct Debiting provider will administer a rejection fee of $20. We recommend contacting your bank if something unusual occurs or contacting your club manager for more information.
- Can I transfer my membership?
For Direct Debit Memberships: The membership may be transferred to another part after 5 (five) fortnightly direct debits (from my membership Sign-Up Start Date), including the successful payment of the Yearly Administration Fee
For Paid in Full Memberships: The membership may be transferred to another party for a fee $39.00 or the current rate of the Yearly Administration Fee.